By Beat Jost
The Innovation Culture Thermometer (Self-Check) method allows for a meaningful evaluation of the current innovation culture in an organization (company/department/team) in a self-check manner. The team members of the organization are consulted on a 1:1 basis by the team-leader (not workshop) to foster openness. The main elements of the method are a Questionnaire regarding various innovation culture aspects (“Data”) which is being send to the team members to fill out – after returning the questionnaire, the team members are invited for an explorative Interview (1:1 basis), in order to follow up on the questionnaire and also to cover the more quantitative aspects. The consolidated results will then be visualized with an innovation culture radar/spider chart, showing the main pains and gains.
The questionnaire is individually being send out to the members of the organization/team by the team leader and are also filled out individually by the members.
After receiving back the questionnaire, the explorative interview (based on questionnaire topics) is being conducted individually by the team leader with the team members, to also get more qualitative input.
The results from the questionnaires and interviews are being consolidated in order to receive the team view regarding the innovation culture aspects.
- Innovation-manager for design Innovation Culture Thermometer (Design Questionnaire, Interview, heatmap)
- Coordinator for Innovation Culture Self-Check (Team Leader); send out questionnaire, consolidate, conduct interview, visualize
- Interviewer (Team Leader)
- Interviewee (Team members)
- Meeting room
- Print-out pictures for interview
- Print-out individual questionnaire (per team member) for interview
- Visualization tool (excel radar chart, etc.)
- Good mood :-)